We have taken the step of adding a new page to our practice website to help us all through the current public health issues relating to the coronavirus infection.
We will continue to update this on a regular basis as advice changes (latest update April 10th 2020)
Our aim throughout this will be to try to ensure the health and wellbeing of you (our patients), and of all those who work in the practice to deliver that care.
This may mean that there are some necessary temporary changes.
We hope that we can work with each other to look after each other.
Please scroll down this page for specific advice if you have personal concern about infection
- HSE advice/updates on Covid 19
- frequently asked questions (hpsc.ie)
- Self Isolation at home
- Updates from Irish Government
Practice Policy Changes
- PLEASE DON’T VISIT THE PRACTICE WITHOUT CALLING AHEAD FIRST
To reduce the risk of community infection, we aim to keep our waiting room as empty as possible
We are trying to reduce the risk of spreading any illnesses around by reducing the number of face to face appointments. However we are instead offering telephone and video consultations – see below.
When you ring for a consultation or medical query, our receptionist will take your details and a doctor or nurse will ring you back.
We have instructed staff to ask ALL patients requesting appointments about respiratory symptoms. For the good of yourself, your family and community, please be co-operative with this
Please do not attend before your appointment time, and notify reception of your arrival.
Patients attending by car will be asked to wait in the car until the doctor is available to see them
We are using as preference for safety reasons, remote consultations by telephone and video consultation. A fee will apply for private patients.
Specific Covid-19 queries
- Many questions can be answered using the reliable information links at the top of this page
- If you are concerned that you may be suffering from Covid-19 or that you need testing, phone the surgery. Please understand that our phone lines may have exceptionally busy periods.
- If you meet the current criteria for Covid-19 testing as outlined by Health Protection Surveillance Centre Guidelines, we will submit an electronic referral to request Covid-19 testing to the National centre.
- You will be contacted directly to arrange this and given further information. This may take a number of days depending on demand and we have no way of speeding this up, please be patient.
- While you are awaiting for us to contact you, please, please, please self-isolate at home to help slow the spread of the virus.
- If your symptoms worsen whilst you are awaiting testing, please telephone us so we can further evaluate your status.
- Please do not come in to the practice as you risk passing on infection to other patients and our staff.
Repeat prescription requests can be received via this website (now fixed)
Go to general info page – Ring the practice for a PIN number if not signed up
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us your name, date of birth and medications required.
We will send all prescriptions to pharmacies by secure email, thereby reducing the time you need to spend in either the practice or the pharmacy.
Please notify us of your preferred pharmacy for this service
The practice is now using electronic certification for social welfare certificates. You do not need to attend the practice but may require a telephone consultation.
We will also where possible email private medical certificates, and will cease the practice encouraged by some employers of issuing these weekly
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding. These changes will help reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus infection, while allowing us to deliver medical services to you!